State v. Banks    5/18/2017

Mr. Geary was appointed lead counsel for Mr. Banks on a Friday, with trial to begin the following Monday. Mr. Banks was charged in a six count indictment to include Murder, 2 counts of Felony Murder, Aggravated Assault, Possession of a Weapon by a Felon, and Possession of a Weapon During the Commission of a Felony. With less than three days to prepare, Mr. Geary put up a defense that challenged the state's evidence and questioned the honesty of the State's main witness. The trial lasted three days with the jury returning a verdict after deliberating 2 1/2 hours. The verdict was Not Guilty to all counts.

See the story on Channel 2 News here

State v. Williams    6/08/2018

Mr. Williams was charged in a four count indictment for Armed Robbery and Aggravated Assault with two co-defendants.  Even with one victim identifying Mr. Williams in a photo lineup, and one of the co-defendants testifying against Mr. Williams, the jury came back Not Guilty on all counts.  Mr. Geary presented several issues with the State's case and provided the jury with enough to establish reasonable doubt.  In fact, the jury questioned whether a robbery even occurred, and even more whether Mr. Williams was there.  Mr. Geary polished it off with a solid alibi defense for Mr. Williams that, in the end, exonerated the innocent young man. 

Forsyth County Commissioner

Mr. Geary helped a concerned citizen expose a Forsyth County Commissioner who violated Georgia's Open Records Act.  A Forsyth resident filed a complaint against Commissioner Mills and, with Mr. Geary as his counsel, achieved not only informing the county residents of what one of their commissioners was doing, but also having Commissioner Mills receive a formal written reprimand for her ethics violation. 

See the story in the Forsyth County News here

State v. Morriss    6/15/2018

For three years, Mr. Morriss was labeled as a child molester, accused of awful acts that he continuously and vehemently denied doing.  Mr. Geary, along with his team, put in countless hours of investigation and hard work.  After an emotional three-day trial, the jury deliberated for an entire day.  In the end, the jury returned a verdict of Not Guilty to all counts and Mr. Morris was able to walk out of the courtroom with his family by his side.